Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's a Small Small World.............

Ok....so first I must apologize for my lack of communication. It's been a wild couple weeks but I am home now and now longer "borrowing" wireless internet from my sister's neighbors! Thanks Davis's! No idea who you are but your wi-fi saved me the last few weeks! Ok....ready for the story?

My sister had to have open heart surgery on the 16th I think it was. We didn't find this out til the evening of the 14th. Well....my sis lives like 16 hours from me. So I literally threw all my stuff in the car and left. I had no idea how long I was going to be there so I pretty much had to pack up all the stuff I already have made and lots and lots of yarn. (Yarn is light but it does take up a lot of room.) I met up with my mom and dad so we could go down to Wichita KS (where my sis lives) together. (I had my mom knitting in the car for me too lol). I promise this story does have a point..... The surgery went very well and when when she was in ICU she had a great nurse named Sarah. During all the time one spends waiting in the hospital.....I was continually knitting....and leaving a yarn trail....just in case I got lost. Some how Sarah and I got to talking about what I was making and she told me her mom sells on Etsy! Most random people I run into don't even know what etsy is much less know someone who sells on it! Sometimes it is just so amazing how small our worlds can be sometimes. It's awesome. Her mom makes porcelain buttons! They are so amazing! I can't even fathom how one would do this...but you should check out her store. It's called SummersStudioetc.etsy.com.

I've been working on some new stuff and have some sent off to a photographer and am not so patiently waiting for pictures! I can't wait to see them! I am thinking about selecting photographers off my blog followers and customers to send free stuff too every now and then when I get a new item that I need some new pictures of so join up and I will pick on Friday who gets the free hat! So spread the word and leave me some comments so I know someone is actually listen to me ramble on :)

Tomorrow I will post a sneak peak at the hat that I will give away free this friday. .....I know....I know....the anticipation is killing ya.....

No comments:

Post a Comment