Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Football, Collarbones, and Snow

Well since I have last been here craziness has once again hit at our house. My 14 year old son LOVES to play football so this year was super excited to start high school and his first year of high school football! He spent 2 months this summer at my brothers house in New Mexico working on the ranch and came home the beginning of August reading to start football in 2 weeks. He came home friday night and on sunday afternoon he and his dad were wresting around in the living room and I heard a loud crack. Yep. Collarbone. Not exactly sure who felt worse at this point - Dad or Son. So after a trip to the emergency room, some x-rays and some pain pills we were back home. My brother and his wife had flown back home with Cody so they were waiting when we came home and then all the stories of all the dangerous things that they had done all summer started pouring out. Stories that they had probably thought they weren't going to share with me. So after outrunning a tornado, shooting a rattlesnake, chasing a wild bull, going on a 14 mile cattle drive, flying across on the range on horseback and who knows what else.....Cody came home and broke his collarbone on the living room carpet. Sooooo...fast foward 8 weeks. Still a few weeks left in the season and he was cleared by the doctor to play again. He had been faithfully going to practice and doing everything that he could without hurting himself. He played 3 games and last thursday night he got sandwiched good and hard and I saw him still on the field after the players dispersed and I immediately started packing up the camera. Yep. He broke his collarbone again. So.......the friendly black sling is back and the poor kid is not only out of football but probably no hunting this fall either. But on the good side......they had a game the other night (that I didn't go to because my kid wasn't playing ) and I didn't have to sit in the snow!!!!

So enough about football. I have been knitting and knitting and knitting. My computer is having an attitude problem at the moment so as soon as I can adjust that I will post some pics of some new stuff hopefully!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment